Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Beautiful Man


We knew he was sick, we knew he didn't have much time left, so we should have been prepared for Paul Newman's death, right?

Sigh. Wrong.

I was moving all day yesterday, so even though I was deeply upset, I really didn't have time to process the devastating news until now. And the verdict? I'm heartbroken. Paul Newman is truly one of the greatest of the greats, one of the tallest of the towering cinematic giants, and the golden boy of Hollywood's golden age. He was also a phenomenal human being. He will be missed terribly.

I didn't cry until I went to IMDB this morning and saw the tribute on the home page. That was when I first felt the sting. All my love and thoughts are with Joanne Woodward and their family.

Mr. Newman, you will always be in my heart. Not even death can dim the light in those radiant blue eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was a triple threat: a natural movie star with magnetic charisma, a great actor of phenomenal depth and complexity, and a tireless humanitarian who donated over three hundred million dollars to charity. What a wonderful life. I cried when I read a statement from his daughters who quoted their father saying, "It's been a privilege to be here." It's been a privilege having you with us, Paul.

Alexa said...

Thanks for directing me to that IMDB page, Lisa. Sigh.