Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Grindhouse/Dollhouse

I hope everyone is getting pumped up for Joss Whedon's new show, Dollhouse, starring long-time muse Eliza Dushku and premiering Friday the 13th on Fox at 8 pm central. I know I sound like a TV promo, but a new Whedon project is like nerd crack. And as Joss Whedon is a muse of MINE, I owe it to him to do my part to get the word out.

I don't want to jinx the show, but I have a bad feeling about the decision to air it on Friday night (TV wasteland) after the already-struggling Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. In fact, I'm surprised you can't already pre-order the DVD set with all of the unaired episodes.


However, I feel hopeful as I am LOVING the new grindhouse-y ad campaign. I think whoever thought it up (I'm betting Joss had a hand in it) really knows and understands the target audience. It's spot-on.

They're going with the "double bill of hot babes" angle, and it rocks. Check it out:



Brilliant. Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino would be proud (though the commercial is already better than Tarantino's Death Proof...).


Support Joss Whedon. Please watch Dollhouse. Let's give it a fighting, ass-kicking chance.

4 comments:

ChicagoMarketer said...

The new ad campaign for the two shows on Friday night is well-made, indeed! Hot babes on TV on a Friday night - used to be a nerd's dream, until WoW...*sigh*

lucysbeau said...

loves it!
cannot wait!!

Missa said...

If only I had cable... I would totally "El Fuego my Fridays."
I do like Eliza Dushku :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've drawn by attention to this show as the latest work from that lovable genius known as Joss Whedon. If I had seen this promo on TV, I would have totally ignored it, but since you've highlighted Whedon's involvement in it, I'll definitely check it out :)