Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"W" Is For "Warmonger"

Oliver Stone's new film, W., stars Josh Brolin as George W. Bush and Elizabeth Banks as Laura Bush. I don't get how this is not a comedy, but it's listed as a drama on IMDB. It also runs three hours and ten minutes (typical Stone, with four director's cut sets to follow, no doubt). I'm not sure what to make of this project.

However, I saw this poster for it.


Out of the mouths of idiots, right? Well, just one big idiot in this case.

I don't know what kind of shenanigans you're up to, Oliver Stone, but I think I'm digging them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't read these quotes enough. "They misunderestimated me" is my favorite. Thanks for posting it! Hope Stone's film manages to be both funny and factual (that won't be too hard).

Lisa Draski said...

Haha. I'm kind of a fan of "I know the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully." What context was that in? Yeah, I can't get enough of reading these quotes either. I find myself giggling out loud every time.

Yes, I agree, I hope Stone's film leans more toward comedy than drama. It doesn't seem like there's any other option really.