Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Return of the Invisible Woman

Hey, hey, hey! Long time, no blog. I can't believe I haven't posted anything or updated in over ten days. I've missed you all! I'm sorry that I've been out of commission, but the last two weeks were a crazy blur of stress and ridiculously persistent illnesses.

To nutshell it, I was in a ton of pain from a boil (yeah, gross, I know), took antibiotics, and within three days developed a violent allergic reaction to the devil medication. My reaction took the form of a severe rash/hives combo that reduced me to a blotchy, itchy pile of misery for the past fortnight. Seriously, it's still not totally gone. It's cruelly insane. It started because of the medicine allergy, but then it continued because I was monumentally stressed due to my impending graduation (May 18th).

I finished school last December, but Columbia doesn't DO mid-year ceremonies, so I had to wait 6 months. I was really, really nervous about it, as irrational as it may be. I don't like to be the center of attention. So, the rash/hives continued, got worse and worse actually, throughout that whole week. Then, I graduated officially (woo!), and the second I got home from my party that night, I was attacked by a vicious cold-turned-bronchitis, which has kept me gripped in its evil clutches for over a full week now. I'm still crackling/wheezing/coughing/phlegming as I type (pleasant image, huh?). Basically, I've been a wreck.

But, I'm back and mostly recovered. Mostly... *shakes fist at her lungs* Hmm, shaking vigorously might not be such a good idea. Curses! Ahem, anyway... I'm sorry about my absence, but I promise to flood you with posts to make up for it. Also, "She Said, He Said" will be back soon. I'll keep you updated on when. It went on an unintentional hiatus because of all of my issues, so I apologize for that, too.

All that being said, let the blogging begin!

It's good to be back.

No comments: