Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pekar Prevails; Letterman Declared the Loser

I rewatched American Splendor recently and loved it more than ever. It also re-infuriated me by reminding me about Paul Giamatti's most egregious snubs. Really?! No Oscar nomination for American Splendor OR Sideways? Not even a nomination? He should have WON Best Actor both of those years, and he wasn't even nominated. You can't see it, but I'm shaking my head sadly right now.

Anyway, the movie piqued my Pekar interest, specifically about his final appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman. Watch Harvey Pekar blow up at Letterman. It's hilarious.


I don't really have strong feelings about Letterman one way or another. Actually, I've always leaned toward liking him. But something in me just LOVES when he gets put in his place. Why is that?



No comments: