Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Bad and the Beautiful

I squealed with girlish glee when I found out that Javier Bardem and Daniel Day-Lewis were sharing the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly. My reason for squealing was three-fold: one - they gave the best male performances of 2007 and are two of my favorite actors of all-time; two - in addition to their monumental talent, they're two of the sweetest and most gracious and wonderful human beings ever (which makes their award-winning performances of 2007 that much more impressive); and three - they're really sexy.

The feature story is called "The Bad Boys," which is a pretty hot angle. Is it true what they say about bad boys? For me, not in real life. But on film? Hell yes. There's definitely something sexy about Day-Lewis' exploding, ferocious masculinity (yeah, I know, it's a very Sirkian oil reference) and Bardem's calm, calculated evil. Don't lie to yourselves. You know you think so, too.

So, ladies and gentleman, feast your eyes on the sexiness of Javier Bardem and Daniel Day-Lewis. The first three are from the new EW, the next two prove that they can even make winning awards look hot, and the last two are just, well, I don't really need a reason, do I? Man, woman, vegetable, mineral, whatever...these men are absolutely sizzling. They're beautiful, inside and out.








P.S. If you need additional persuading, I have one word for you: ACCENTS. Super hot.

No comments: